Generosity in Action
Westminster Woods is fortunate to have residents, families, volunteers and staff who are committed to ensuring and enhancing the quality of life for all residents at every level of service – now and in the future.
Over the years gifts to Westminster Woods have been as varied as the people we serve and have been made directly by individuals. For example, the piano presently sitting in the corner of the Commons Dining Room was provided through a resident-initiated fund drive.
In addition, gifts to Westminster Woods help to provide charitable care to those residents who have outlived their personal financial resources. No one has ever been asked to leave the Presbyterian Senior Living system of care because they had outlived their resources. This means if a person does not divest or give away assets, we have an unwavering history of keeping our commitment to the people we serve. In fact, Westminster Woods provided $904,926 for uncompensated care in 2010.
If you or a loved one have benefited in any way from our services, we invite you to consider extending the gift of quality care and quality of life in any number of ways.
Memorial and Outstanding Service Gifts
- Commemorating a life through a memorial gift:
- An increasing number of people are suggesting donations to Westminster Woods in lieu of flowers.
- Others are contributing assets that are no longer needed such as life insurance or retirement account balances.
- Acknowledging Outstanding Service by a member or specific members of our staff or volunteers by making a donation in their name.
Our Wish List
- Donating toward an item on our “Wish List,” which fall under several categories:
Resident quality of life
- Purchase Gazebo to be located in garden area for resident and guest use
- Landscaping needs around new gazebo at $2,000.
- Wandering Garden
- Replacement Chairs for Commons Dining Area
- Replace flooring in therapy room (health center) at $9,000
- Replace furniture in health center resident sitting areas at $7,000
Operational enhancements and efficiencies
- golf cart for maintenance at $3,000
Simply contact Deborah Barefoot, Executive Director, about the kind of gift, bequest, or other support that would be meaningful to you and impact the quality of life and care of the people we serve. The phone number is (814) 644-2065 and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Laurel Shaffer, Vice President of Mission Support at (717) 502-8871 or email email@example.com to learn more about the broad array of donor opportunities within our organization.
As with every not-for-profit organization, we rely on the compassionate support of our residents and their families and friends, as well as the contributions provided by countless other organizations committed to the care of the elderly. There are always needs to be filled and services that require financing beyond internal budgetary capabilities, so we are dedicated in continuing our work to raise the funds needed to fulfill our mission at every level, down to every last resident at Westminster Woods.
Our Donors & Their Stories
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT DONOR INFLUENCE AND IMPACT.